

Makenzie and Madison received "A" Honor Roll awards as well as Reading Awards and a surprise $5.00 gift each from Mr. Joe Brown for their academic efforts. Madison received February Student of the Month for her class. The girls were most excited about their $5.00. They wanted to immediately pay it all to tithing. They've learned that if they pay their tithing, surprise gifts are often received from Heavenly Father. We explained that only .50 cents was required for tithing and .50 for savings, and that they could use the other $4.00 as they wished. That $4.00 immediately began to burn a hole in their pockets. I explained that my father always encouraged me to save by using a percentage system. If I could save my money for a week, he would increase it by 25%, two weeks 50%, three weeks 75%, and if I kept the money for a whole month, he would double it. Their minds quickly began to calculate and they've set a goal to save their $4.00 for one month. Slade and I promised them we'd double their investment (don't we wish banks offered such deals?). Their plan is to use $7.00 of the increased money for another skating lesson and the other dollar for a drink at Skate World. We'll see how long they can hold on to this $4.00.
1 comment:
Congrats Girls how awesome we are sooo proud of you and Dylan was so glad to see ya'll are doing good too! LOVE the money story what a great savings lesson you are so great at remembering all I remembered was he gave me the money for the grades! Love the new background honey you getting it together! you definitely got the hang of it!!LOVE IT!
Post a Comment