Friday, February 13, 2009

Locks of Love

Madison Geiger did something unusual for her seventh birthday. Instead of receiving gifts, she gave a gift to another. That gift was her hair. When Madison was three, she met a little girl that did not have any hair. The girl’s mother explained to Madison that her daughter had a medical problem that made her daughter unable to grow hair. That medical condition is known as alopecia. Madison told her little friend, “Since you cannot grow your own hair, I will grow mine for you.”
For the past four years, Madison has foregone any haircut besides a slight trim and she has stayed firm in her goal. “There were times when it hurt for my long hair to be brushed, and once I got gum in my hair while playing soccer. I was tempted to get my hair cut then, but I knew I had made a promise,” Madison said.

3 comments:

Nutty Newburns said...

I love your new doo it looks great we love you and are so very proud of your unselfish act for someone in need we hope you have a great day tomorrow and just know how blessed we are that you came to join out family and i finally got cousins 7 years ago we love you and Makenzie and wish we were there hope to see you soon!

Becky Shuler said...

Madison, that is an amazing story! I'm so proud of you! We had fun at your birthday party last Saturday. We love you and your family!

Katheryn said...

That is so amazing that she set that goal and then stuck to it. I'm extremely impressed! I hope you all had wonderful birthday's this month!